Thursday 8 March 2012

Mice in Miniature

Miniature mice made from felt
I am very fond of these cute little critters. On a photocopier I scaled down a toy mouse pattern to make these miniature mice. They are 2 1/2 inches tall. I used a fine grade of soft felt so they are quite flexible. It certainly helped when I had to turn them inside-out. That was the only tricky bit in making them! Each mini mouse took about an hour to stitch.
   I also made a mouse house for them with all sorts of tiny accessories to illustrate a book at a school's Book Week display. 
   Because of their size, the miniature mice are just right for little children to hold. When kids visit our home, they love to play with them.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Would you do a tutorial on how to make them? Do you have a pattern you used? I would love to make some for my daughter. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MG, glad you like them. I've been looking everywhere for the pattern I used but think it was in the folder I gave to a minis group a while ago.
      You could really use any mouse toy pattern, just resize it down on the photocopier. And use soft felt - not the thicker, harder variety. The felt needs to be very flexible so you can turn the bodies inside out to finish them.
      Hope you find a good pattern & make some. Little kids love them!

      Delete